Riverview Schools could see a change in boundary lines for the 2015-2016 school year. If your child attends Riverview High School or Was Bay High Schools, this is for you.
Hillsborough County Public Schools
Proposed Riverview and East Bay High Schools Student Reassignment
On August 2015, Hillsborough Public Schools will open an addition at Lennard High School located at 2342 E. Shell Point Road in Ruskin, FL. Designed to provide space for new growth in the area, the addition will also offer some relief to the currently overcrowded East Bay High School.
- The attendance boundaries of Lennard, East Bay, Spoto, Riverview, and Brandon High Schools will be impacted to balance enrollment among the high schools. Some students, currently assigned to specific areas of East Bay and Riverview High Schools, are proposed to be reassigned to Lennard, Spoto, Brandon and Riverview High Schools. These changes will be effective for the school year starting August 2015.
- Current 11th graders, incoming 12th graders, will be allowed to remain at their current high schools.
- PROPOSED BOUNDARIES ARE NOT FINAL UNTIL SCHOOL BOARD APPROVAL ANTICIPATED TO OCCUR IN EARLY 2015
Two meetings will be held for the community to review and provide input to staff on the proposed boundary changes. You may attend EITHER meeting since the same information will be available at both meetings.
- December 8th, 2014 at Riverview High School Cafeteria 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- 11311 Boyette Road, Riverview, FL 33569 (Map)
- December 11th, 2014 at East Bay High School Cafeteria 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- 7710 Old Big Bend Rd. Gibsonton, Florida 33534 (Map)
The meetings will be an open house format where parents can talk to staff members, provide comments, and review the information throughout the evening. Staff members from Transportation, Choice, and the affected schools will be available to answer questions. There will not be any formal presentation so arrive at your convenience during the scheduled times.
- Maps of the proposed high school attendance boundaries here and will also be available for review in the impacted school offices. In addition, Eisenhower, Dowdell, McLane, Giunta, Barrington, and Rodgers Middle Schools will have information available for 8th grade students who will be impacted by the proposed high school boundary changes next year.
- If you want to explore other attendance options for your student please visit the Choice website. The choice expo will be held on December 12, 2014 at the Florida State Fairgrounds from 3:00 – 7:30 pm.
To submit questions and comments, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to receive a return phone call, please include your phone number in the email message or call (813) 272-4608.
Information cited from Hillsborough County Public Schools website: http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/doc/251/growth-management/resources/boundary/
#HillsboroughCounty #RiverviewFL #Riverview #RiverviewHighSchool #EastBayHighSchool #SchoolChanges #RiverviewIsGrowing #JohnSoliman @solimanmba