You just finished a great lunch with friends at your favorite Chinese food restaurant. The waitress brings out the bill and places it on the table along with several fortune cookies. You reach across the table and grab a fortune cookie that you feel has to be lucky. As everyone is chitty chatting and opening their cookies to find their fortune, you crack yours open to find… what! What is this? You don’t have a fortune??? You check the wrapper, you check your lap, there is no fortune to be found! What can this mean?
Have you had this happen to you? Or does this not occur to often? Today it happened, John Soliman opened his cookie and to his surprise, no fortune for him!
No, he won’t die. But, just in case we will check around 12:01am and hope he answers his text.
But do you have those funny thoughts or shall I say “rules” about your fortune cookie, such as you can not read it allowed or it won’t come true? We did some searching and we found several of them that you have to read:
- Do not grab the cookie closest to you, but the one furthest away when served by the host or hostess.
- Pick a cookie that is most closely “pointing” towards you (i.e. the 2 pointed ends, not the rounded part, is facing you).
- if you rip your fortune, it will not come true.
- You have to keep the fortune for it to come true.
- You cannot look at all the fortunes first, then claim the best one as your own – or give the worst one to someone else.
- After reading the fortune, you must not tell anyone your fortune, and then eat your fortune cookie and put paper on fire for it to come true
- If there is no fortune in a fortune cookie, it is a sign that something good will happen to you soon. (Because fortune-cookie-fairy owes you one fortune.)
- If you get 2 fortunes in 1 cookie, they cancel each other out. The fortune from the next cookie is the one you will receive.
- You cannot pick your own fortune cookie. (Someone has to give you a cookie)
- You have to eat the entire cookie in order for the fortune (that came from the cookie) to come true.
- You can’t look at the fortune until you are done eating the entire cookie.
Do you have your own “rule” about fortune cookies? Come on share it with us!
Your fortune cookie happen to say, “buying a home is in your future”? If so, we are here to help! Check out www.TampaHomeExplorer.com
Read more funny fortune cookie “rules” here: eatfortunecookie.com