*Squeeze* Why am I squeezing you? Because today is National Hug Day! Whether you are more of a bear hugger, heart-to-heart hugs, embrace your friends and loved ones today to show your love!
Just a few reasons why you should hug someone not just today but everyday:
- Studies have been done that show hugs are incredibly good for us! Hugs make us feel “happy”! When we hug another person, our bodies release oxytocin, a hormone associated with “happiness”.
- Hugs alleviate stress! Just as a good hug increases our oxytocin levels, it decreases our cortisol or “stress” levels
- Hugs improve our game! Scientists at University of California, Berkley discovered that the more affectionate members of a team are with each other, the more likely they are to win.
- Research from University of North Carolina showed that a good hug helps ease blood flow and lower cortisol levels, which in turn help lower our heart rates
- Couples that experience their partners’ love through physical affection share higher oxytocin levels. Go on… give your love a big hug!
- Hugs let someone know you care without having to say a word!
The record for most hugs given in one hour by an individual is 1,749. Nick Vujicic achieved this feat at an expo center in Oregon in 2010.
In honor of National Hug Day, Baymax, Star of Disney’s “Big Hero 6,” Named Most Huggable Character of 2015 on National Hugging Day™!
Share this hug from Baymax in celebration of National Hugging Day!
From us here at John Soliman and Associates of HomeXpress Realty, Inc. *HUUUUGGGG* Share your hugs with us!
#Hug #NationalHugDay #JohnSoliman
Not so comfortable with hugging just anyone? It is now a rule that you are allowed to exchange a hand shake instead!